Saturday, August 2, 2008

GOD LIKES GREEN

In the woods and vales of the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia where I live, abundant, flourishing greenery stretches as far as my eyes can see. After God's pyrotechnic-like display last night accompanied by under-the-blanket-hiding thunder boomers, new bursts of green make me feel as if I live in an Amazon rain forest.
I meditated on God's marvelous creation and His foresight to give me eyesight and all the rest of my senses to enable me to enjoy it; I can feel the fresh green, breathe it, touch it, even taste it. Why do I take my senses for granted?

Thank You, Lord, that I am not color blind so I can appreciate the generous, artistic splashes of color in this world which You created for the pleasure of man and then sent him to cultivate. I praise You together with Your lavishly beautiful creation which, when You selected Your paints, You started with a background color of GREEN.

GOD LIKES GREEN

Leona Choy

Obviously, GOD LIKES GREEN.
It must be one of His favorite creation colors
not only for splendor and beauty but
as a manifestation of life and growth
"essential to production of carbohydrates
by photosynthesis."
God thought up that marvelous process
without which we could not live!

Look at the generous way
God splashes green around so lavishly:
laying a verdant carpet for me to walk on
providing it for animals and man to eat
decorating trees with green in spring
displaying multi-hues of green foliage
keeping evergreens alive
to contrast with blankets of white winter snow
embracing plants and flowers with green leafy arms
providing lettuce and spinach for my salad.
What a sense of humor God must have
to grow green veggies in whimsical shapes
like asparagus, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts
swish green into seaweed in the ocean
and float watercress in quiet, fresh streams!

Yes, GOD LIKES GREEN:
"The righteous will flourish and grow
still in old age
full of sap and very GREEN"*
That means me!
Clothed in the righteousness of Christ
not in my own achievements
I should not be withered leaf and brown
but full of inner vitality
flowing from His abiding in me
and I in Him
flourishing like a green palm tree
bearing fruit in all seasons of my life.*

Since God is so partial to GREEN
then GREEN I aspire to be
full of Divine chlorophyll
to please Him obediently!

*****

*Psalm 92:12-15


#END

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Leona, for sharing this wonderful web site with me. Since I last emailed you, I've signed my first contract with Hearld Press, I write for children's Sunday school papers. Also, The Breakthrough Intercessor has been publishing some of my stories and poems.
Leona, you are a true inspiration to all of us. God Bless You.
Linda A. Goodlin