Saturday, September 10, 2016

"YES, LORD!" Encore by popular request

My "Fiat"-- "YES, LORD!"

By Leona Choy

(Like Mary in Luke 1:38. "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.")

Since I belong to God by His purchase ("you have been bought with a price..." 1 Corinthians 6:19) and by my surrender to Him ("present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice..." Romans 12:1) the following is my "good and acceptable and perfect" response to losses, illnesses, disappointments,  griefs, adversities, and problems of any kind,

 I will therefore:

ACCEPT WHATEVER GOD GIVES ME--with joyful heart and continued thanks.
YES, LORD, I thank You for Your goodness. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

BE CONTENT WITH WHAT GOD WITHHOLDS--companionship, health, material things, even life itself.
YES, LORD, I bow to Your loving will and plan for my life. Psalm 84:11

ENDURE WHATEVER GOD ALLOWS IN MY LIFE--in His strength, not my own.
YES, LORD, without complaint. 2 Corinthians 12:9

HOLD ALL THINGS OF EARTH LOOSELY--live with Eternity's values in view.
YES, LORD, Even so, come Lord Jesus! 2 Peter 3:11-12

LIVE FOR TODAY AND FOR JESUS ONLY--celebrate each moment as a gift from God.
YES, LORD, to the praise of the glory of Your grace. 2 Corinthians 5:15
*****

"We must accept the adversities which God sends us without reasoning too much upon them, and we must take for granted that it is the best thing which could happen to us. We must remember that God does everything well, although we may not see the reason for what He does." 
 Saint Philip Neri (1595)
HOLD LOOSELY

Leona Choy

I must hold loosely
all, yes, ALL
the precious things I have
the urgent things I do
on which my eyes are fixed
on which my heart is set
treasures I can't forget
May they not enfold me
seize me and hold me
force me and mold me
into their image

God forbid
that in my hand
I grip too tightly
the appealing things of earth
which are not of worth
May I regard them lightly
and hold them all
yes, ALL
loosely.



1 comment:

Olivia said...

So ministered to me today, thank you for the encore, Leona! xoO