Thursday, September 29, 2016

UNDER HIS LORDSHIP. Encore

In response to a number of requests for an encore post of MY DAILY MORNING PRAYER by which I've lived for a lifetime. You are welcome to make it yours using your own from-your-heart words.  


MY COMMITMENT.
Jesus Christ, You are Lord of my life. Reign as King with full authority over my body, soul, spirit, mind, emotions, and will. Rule over all that I am, all that I have, all that You have given me. I affirm Your Lordship over every relationship, responsibility, appetite, and ambition.

"I urge you, therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship." (Romans 12:1)

TRANSFORM ME.
Continue this day to shape me into Your image through whatever circumstances You choose to bring into my life. Mold me until You finish the work You chose from before the foundation of the world to do in and through me.


"But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." (2 Corinthians 3:18)

LIVE THROUGH ME. Jesus, You live in me by Your indwelling Holy Spirit. Help me express Your life as I walk in the Spirit. May I not respond in the flesh either to adversity or prosperity." 


"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desires of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16)

I WANT TO GLORIFY YOU. I want to be a vessel clean and pure to glorify You as I carry the treasure of Your presence and power. I desire to keep myself open to the continuous filling of Your Holy Spirit. I want to bear more fruit to please You and to use whatever gifts of the Spirit You give me to help build Your Kingdom.


"We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the surpassing greatness of the power may be of God and not from ourselves." (2 Corinthians 4:7)

SCHEDULE FOR ME. This day bring into my life everything and only whatever and whomever You ordain--in person, by letter, e-mail, phone call, thought, impression, prayer, event, or circumstance. Interruptions and changes are not accidental or incidental but my opportunities and Your appointments for my good and for Your glory.


"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

GRANT ME DISCERNMENT. Show me Your priorities for the hours of this day. As I follow Your guidance, give me Your strength and wisdom to accomplish the tasks that You've specifically appointed for me. I want to hear Your voice clearly, to obey and follow You fully. May I be careful to abide in You and maintain my "first-love" relationship with You. While I do the good works You have commanded, may they not deter me from a close walk with You.


"Martha was distracted...worried and bothered about so many things; but only a new things are necessary, really only one...." (Luke 10:40-42)

MY ASSURANCE. As I daily offer myself and surrender to Your Lordship, may Your will be done in my life on earth as it is in Heaven. I need not be anxious about the direction of my life nor current decisions. Jesus, I trust in You. I trust in Your love and plan for my life, the instruction of Your Holy Word, the guidance of Your Holy Church, and the leading of Your Holy Spirit.


"I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in you, will continue to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6)


Leona Choy 

No comments: