Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SORRY, I CAN'T RECALL....


As our seasons of life advance, our memories may go into a slippery slide. Thankfully, God doesn't have that problem! He knows all things from before the beginning of time to the no-end of it.


THANKS FOR THE MEMORY

(Ideation from computer/word processor commands are in italics.
Copyright from Leona’s book DIVINE APPLICATIONS)

It's incredible what I’ve forgotten
though when I did it
said it, saw it, wrote it, heard it
all was fresh and plain and clear
and I never had a fear
that I wouldn't recall it at will.

Some thingsI’d rather forget:
unpleasantries and failures
hurts to me and mine
and the pain I've given others
my sins, open or secret
but displayed plainly and etched indelibly
saved in the storage disks of my mind.

MAJESTIC MASTER OF ALL SYSTEMS
IN HEAVEN AND EARTH, ALMIGHTY GOD:
You are far beyond my Word Processor
that conveniently and without error
will electronically recall ALL
that I program into it:
whether good or bad, trivial or trash
glittering gems of eloquence
but also spelling typos
untruths and gibberish.

O DIVINE WORD PROCESSOR GOD:
I esteem and appreciate
the compassion, love, and mercy
of Your awesome memory process
to remember no more  my transgressions
placed under the Cross.
Bless You for their loss for eternity
in the depths of the sea of cyberspace
removed from Your monitor screen
as far as can be
as the East is from the West!

Undeserving and unworthy I bow in gratitude
to Your infallible memory
to remember forever
to record perfectly and reward in eternity
my deeds done and words spoken
in Jesus' name:
cups of cold water given
visits to the sick and the prisoner
an inn and care provided for a battered one
the perfume of my praise
lavishly spilled to anoint Your feet—
MY THANKS FOR YOUR MEMORY!

*******
Memory backup: Psalm 103:12;
Matthew 10:42; 25:36-44; Luke 10:33; John 12:3-5

No comments: