Friday, May 1, 2015

EXCHANGE MY LIFE FOR HIS


God's Holy Spirit can speak through many ways and at precise times to meet our needs and current circumstances. 

Recently on Facebook He dropped the good words below into a specific situation in my life. Although this is already the modus operandi of my life, it was a fresh reminder to polish up my trust in God's work in and through me and trade it for my current anxiety:

To fulfill your mission in life will require that you abandon your agenda and accept God’s agenda for your life. Surrender your plans in exchange for His perfect plan. Don't just add it to your "To Do List" with all the other things you’d like to do with your life.

Yield your rights, expectations, dreams, plans, ambitions, and your will to Him. Stop praying selfish prayers like “God bless what I want to do.”

Stop your conditional prayers like "I'll do this if You do that Lord." Stop making wrong choices for your life without consulting Him....then begging Him to bless them.

Instead, pray, “God help me to do what You’re blessing!” Hand God a blank sheet with your name signed at the bottom and tell Him to fill in the details. Trade your life for His Life....don't live
your life for Him....Live His life for you.

Let this be your prayer...."Good Morning God. Thank You for this day. I love You. What are You doing today? How can I help? Amen and Amen....so be it unto me according to Your Word.”

 Early in my life I declared my love to Jesus and opened my hands and my heart to the sovereign will of God for my life. During the many lived scores of my calendar years He has faithfully led me in the direction of His foreordained destiny for my life on earth and my Ultimate Destiny of Eternal Life in His presence. 

Unfortunately, sometimes like a willful sheep I have wandered off from the green pastures He provided and found myself isolated in painful thickets and briars in need of His Shepherding rescue. God has never failed to tenderly bring me back to quiet waters to restore and refresh me and point me in the right direction again.


From my teenage years I sang the hymn below and offered myself to the Lord, like the blank sheet of paper described above, and let Him fill in the details. 

Every morning, even after a night of sleepless anxiety trying to carry my own burdens, attempting to control my way, trying to solve my own problems, I declare anew, "TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE CONSECRATED, LORD, TO THEE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ93HVuYd5Y

No comments: