Saturday, May 23, 2015

A TIME TO HIDE

"For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter; in the secret place of His tent will He hide me" (Ps. 27:5). "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty." (Ps. 91:1)

All of us have times when we feel overwhelmed with weakness, pain, confusion, fear, trials, and trouble. We may agonize, “Why am I going through such adversities and how long will they last?” It is time to withdraw to the quiet with God and hide away from everyone and everything that troubles you. You and God need some quality time together.
God Himself has provided the Shelter where you can hide. He wants you to dwell, to stay hidden, to abide in His Shelter. As long as you stay there in intimate silence with Him, you are safe and protected. It is a secret place just between you and God—in your inner heart, in your spirit, where nothing can touch you or harm you.
 In the secret of His presence He will quiet you. There you will not be moved or shaken. Calmly and in His peace you can rest under the shadow of the Almighty One, the Most High who invites you to trust in Him with all you are going through. He is in control, although it may seem that everything is out of control. Lean closely against the Sacred Heart of the One who loves you more than anyone else. He is Jesus who gave His life for your eternal salvation and will never leave you or forsake you.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo1wIc8qcvE
In the secret of His presence how my soul delights to hide!
Oh, how precious are the lessons which I learn at Jesus’ side!
Earthly cares can never vex me, neither trials lay me low;
For when Satan comes to tempt me, to the secret place I go,
To the secret place I go.
When my soul is faint and thirsty, ’neath the shadow of His wing
There is cool and pleasant shelter, and a fresh and crystal spring;
And my Savior rests beside me, as we hold communion sweet:
If I tried, I could not utter what He says when thus we meet,
What He says when thus we meet.


Only this I know: I tell Him all my doubts, my griefs and fears;
Oh, how patiently He listens! and my drooping soul He cheers:
Do you think He ne’er reproves me? What a false Friend He would be,
If He never, never told me of the sins which He must see,
Of the sins which He must see.


Would you like to know the sweetness of the secret of the Lord?
Go and hide beneath His shadow: this shall then be your reward;
And whene’er you leave the silence of that happy meeting place,
You must mind and bear the image of the Master in your face,
Of the Master in your face.


No comments: