Saturday, March 28, 2009

TRANSFORMATION

I only planned to walk to the end of my driveway to the mailbox. Misty, spring rain was falling so I wore my jacket with hood against the lingering winter chill, and I opened my umbrella.
Suddenly, spring overwhelmed me with its earthy fragrance and happy bird chatter. The multi-hues of newly budding greenery and the yellow gold of Forsythia assaulted my senses and pulled at me insisting that I walk my usual mile despite the puddles and drizzle. I yielded to the impulse and eagerly greeted virgin spring to embrace it with joy before it became commonplace....


TRANSFORMATION

Leona Choy

GOD IS A PAINTER CALLED SPRING.
He takes the drab canvas
of leaden winter skies
dusky and dark
cinnamon hills, naked trees
ice-bound silent brooks
skeleton fences
and with a dip of His brush
into rich colors
He transforms all nature
into a masterpiece of brilliance.

The ageless springtime scenario
is superimposed on skies of primary blue
set off by wisp-white cotton clouds
afloat like misshapen balloons
above hills daubed with multi-green.

Trees are splashed with blossoms
whose exhilarating fragrance intoxicates
and revives winter-sedated nostrils.
Brooks melt and once again
laugh with childish abandon.
Fences stretch eager arms
for scarlet tanager to perch and sing.
Posts and stumps are enhanced with vines
while morning-glories twine and cling.

God’s seasonal miracle is displayed
alike in nature’s scene
and in the human heart.


O Divine Painter, my Christ
I lay my life bare before You.
My worn winter canvas
alas, is not fresh and clean
but botched and bungled
defaced by novice hands
of self and sin.

You take Redemption's brush
and recast my routine days
of grays and tedium
into a fresh adventure
with the Divine.
To You I turn my face
as nature does so trustfully
in anticipation of Your skill
and I thrill to the artistic finesse
of Your delicate brush
transforming me, O Master Artist
with Your vivid, lustrous colors
into SPRING again!

*******
"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old order has passed away;
now all is new!" 2 Cor. 5:17
“The One who sat on the throne said to me,
‘See, I make all things new!’” Rev. 21:5


# END

No comments: