Tuesday, March 24, 2009

DAILY PRAYER FOR MY FAMILY

By Leona Choy

Biblical background

“O our God…we are at a loss what to do, hence our eyes are turned toward you. All Judah was standing before the Lord, with their little ones, their wives, and their children….Thus says the Lord to you, ‘Do not fear or lose heart…for the battle is not yours but God’s….He appointed those who sang to the Lord and those who praised Him in holy attire…and they said, ‘Give thanks to the Lord, for His mercy endures forever.’” (2 Chronicles 20:12, 13, 15, 21)

“When the days of their [his children’s] feasting [celebrations, family get-togethers] each on his day [birthday] in turn were over, Job sent for them to purify and sanctify them. He rose up early in the morning and offered burnt offerings for every one of them. For Job said, ‘It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed, or disowned God in their hearts.’ Thus did Job habitually.” (Job 1:5 Amplified)

“….Resist the devil and he will take flight….” (James 1:4)

“Posterity will serve Him; It will be told of the Lord to the coming generation. They will come and will declare His righteousness to a people who will be born that He has performed it.” (Psalm 22: 30, 31) “That the generation to come might know, even the children yet to be born, that they may arise and tell them to their children, That they should put their confidence in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep His commandments.” (Psalm 78: 6, 7) “One generation shall praise Thy works to another, and shall declare Thy mighty acts.” (Psalm 145:4)

O Lord, I pray for my family, not in my own righteousness but because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for the salvation of men and His holiness before God.

As the matriarch of my family, I come before You to intercede for Your grace and mercy upon all my family—my infants (no matter what their ages) and their wives and children, and my grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I ask that Your Holy Spirit will draw the eternal soul of each one to repentance and salvation and eternal life in accord with the promises of Your Word. I claim each one as a child of Your covenant.

I ask You to protect my family physically and spiritually. Lead them in Your paths of righteousness. Bless them with Your favor, give them their daily bread, and prosper them according to their needs.

Deliver them from evil and the evil one. On the authority of God’s Word I declare spiritual strongholds to be torn down and past generational curses removed. In the Name of Jesus I resist the devil on behalf of my family and demand that his bonds upon them be broken, that he get off their backs, get out of their faces, out of their lives, and off their bodies and properties.

I call forth Your blessings, O Lord, upon my family in agreement with the prayers of our godly ancestors. I receive Your favor and grace and mercy for myself and for my descendants because of Your love and faithfulness to Your generational promises to my forefathers. Through the synergy of our prayers, I pass on those blessings with vigor and faith to our posterity.

I pray that Your will shall be done on earth as it is in heaven both in my life and in the lives of each member of my family. Help us to be diligent to establish and pass on a godly heritage to those yet unborn. May we courageously fulfill the purposes for which You gave us life and opportunity in our particular time in history.


AMEN

# END

No comments: