Saturday, August 22, 2015

REMEMBERING OUR WEDDING DAY



AUGUST 23, 1947

We were married in Cedar Rapids, Iowa at the Presbyterian church where my parents worshiped. We had just graduated from Wheaton College where we met. Ted had graduated from seminary previously. We looked forward to spending our lives serving the Lord in China.



 
    
It was in the days before air conditioning. Perspiring wedding guests who crowded the church watched in amazement as the candelabra candles melted and bent over during the wedding ceremony! And perspiration dripped down my back and under my veil as I sweltered in my Chinese silk wedding gown. 




 AH, MEMORIES!
  
Three months later we sailed off "on a slow boat to China" and the lifelong ministry in Asia and on North American campuses that God had planned for us began to unfold.


God blessed my late husband Ted and me with 46 years together, four sons, ten grandchildren, and ten great-grandchildren. Now it is 68 years later...how time flies....! 

 Can I possibly be 90 years old now??!

   HOW GREAT ARE GOD'S BLESSINGS! AND ETERNAL LIFE IS STILL AHEAD!

No comments: