Wednesday, April 24, 2013

TRANSFORMATION

I guess I have spring fever...or is it my allergy?
Each fresh spring God's lavish creation comes alive everywhere with multi-shades of green, pink, yellow, lavender and scents to match.


TRANSFORMATION
God is a Painter called spring

He takes the drab canvas
of leaden winter skies
dusky and dark
cinnamon hills, naked trees
ice-bound silent brooks
skeleton fences
and with a dip of His brush
into rich colors
He transforms all Nature
into a masterpiece of brilliance.

The ageless springtime scenario
is superimposed on skies of primary blue
set off by wisp-white cotton clouds
afloat like misshapen balloons
above hills daubed with multi-green.

Trees are splashed with blossoms
whose exhilarating fragrance intoxicates
and revives winter-sedated nostrils.
Brooks melt and once again
laugh with childish abandon.
Fences stretch eager arms
for scarlet tanager to perch and sing.
Posts and stumps are enhanced
with vines while morning glories
twine and cling.

God's cyclic miracle is displayed
alike in Nature's scene
and in my human heart.

O Divine Painter, my Christ,
I lay my life bare before You.
My worn winter canvas
is not fresh and clean, alas,
but botched and bungled
defaced by novice hands
of self and sin.

You take Redemption's brush
and recast my routine days
of grays and tedium
into a fresh adventure
with the Divine.
To You I turn my face
as Nature does so trustingly
in anticipation of Your skill
and I thrill to the artistic finesse
of Your delicate brush
transforming me, O Master Artist,
with Your vivid, lustrous colors
into spring again!

*****
Therefore, if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature;
the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”
2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments: