Friday, April 8, 2011

SPIRITUAL SPRINGTIME


SPIRITUAL SPRINGTIME

I need it over and over

in the soil of my heart.


O Divine Sower

You awakened my life

at the first planting

of Your Living Seed

in my fertile heart and

it began to bear FRUIT

THIRTY-FOLD.


I continue to need

another spiritual springtime

so I welcome You

to plant more Seed

new varieties

to plow deeper furrows.

Send Your sun and rain

that I may reap again

a greater harvest

to bear MORE FRUIT for You

SIXTY-FOLD.


Each spiritual springtime

add to my depleted soil

what nourishment it lacks

break up my fallow ground

lying dormant still

in valley and on hill

pull the willful weeds

rotate my crops

contour my disorderly fields

so I may bear MUCH FRUIT

AN HUNDRED-FOLD!


". . . he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit. . . ." John 15:5b

"And others fell on the good soil, and yielded a crop,

some an hundredfold,

some sixty,

and some thirty."

Matthew 13:8

No comments: