Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday comes with its somber reminder of our mortality, “Remember, man, you are dust and to dust you shall return” (Genesis 3:19) But that isn’t the last word….

SHIFTING SCENE

Leona Choy

No life structures last, for all will pass.
Adjustments and change
transitions and turning points
crossroads and crises—
nothing stays the same.

As soon as I’m serene God shifts the scene.
He kaleidoscopes my life
and my settled world
shattering and fragmenting it
into a totally new pattern.

God quicksilvers my human securities
not in caprice
but with Divine purpose.
He is in pursuit
of my transition
from temporal roots
to a heavenly climate.

Then I shall embrace that which deviates
from my comfortable place!
I will ride the wave
and joyfully let Him
rearrange my life
and not estrange
myself from change:
It is my angelic friend
conducting me
along the road
of transformation
and sandpapering me
abrasing my inclination
to petrifaction.

God is intentionally keeping me in motion
preparing me
for The Great Change:
my transfiguration
into the person I shall be
when I exchange my mortality
for His image
in Eternity!

********
Copyright from CELEBRATE THIS MOMENT:
Prime Time is NOW.
A Trilogy of Inspirational Poetry
by Leona Choy

# END

No comments: