Tuesday, October 21, 2014

THE SEPARATED TAILORS


LORD GOD called Ministering Angel into the Courts of Heaven one day. “For a long time I have been waiting for the completion of a certain precious garment that requires special skill and patience. Go to Planet Earth and inquire how things are progressing.”

Ministering Angel hastened to do His bidding. He went to and fro on the earth to search out who might be working on the particular design of God’s desire.

He returned to report, “One cannot be found who has been equal by himself for that special task. But I have found two of the human species who are diligently working on it. But those tailors have certain problems. . . .”

“Say on,” said LORD GOD.

“These two of Thy children are different from one another in backgrounds and skills. In truth, one is a man and the other a woman.”

“Does each have My pattern and are they both following it?”

“It seems that each has only half of Your pattern and they are finding it difficult to proceed because they can’t see the whole of it.”

“Is it My ‘Living Sacrifice’ pattern?”

“It is indeed.” Angel hesitated. “There is still another problem. . . .”

“Give Me the full report,” requested LORD GOD.

“Those two tailors live far from one another. How can they complete Your pattern being thus separated?”

“That is part of My plan. It is I who have ordained them to labor apart at present until the fullness of time for its completion. Space and time are as nothing in My Kingdom—you should know that. I am training both of the tailors separately.”

“How are You doing that, my Lord?”

“I have provided both with My Guidebook to insure that each stitch is properly made. I have given them separate assignments to cut and sew different parts of My beautiful garment, each according to his particular skill. They do not need to see My entire ‘Living Sacrifice’ pattern while they are working.”

“And then?” Angel was curious about such a strange arrangement.

“I have required each to work on his special task with obedient heart, following My plan closely. Both must trust Me completely. When each has progressed to a certain point, I have ordained that they shall meet. They will recognize one another by the pattern in their hands. The two parts of the garment will be brought together and I will see to it that they will be fitly joined into one.”

“What will it look like when finished? Will all mortal men see it? And the hosts of Heaven too?”

“It will be beautiful beyond compare. Men and angels will behold it as a garment without seam, as if it were sewn by one alone, not two. What each has done in his quiet corner, when joined, shall be displayed before all, an honor unto Me.”

“How long must the tailors work apart? When will the garment be joined?”

“The time is not for you to know, Ministering Angel, nor for those two of My children either. Their times are in My hands. I have ordained the perfect moment in the fullness of My time.”

“LORD GOD, why do you call this precious pattern by the name ‘Living Sacrifice’”?

“You are an angel and therefore cannot feel the emotion of human love. But that is something that My two tailors understand and must treasure in their hearts with patience until the season of fulfillment. It is lonely for our human created ones each to labor alone without a counterpart heart of love and on a separate task that seems to them to be forever incomplete.

 “That is why I call it a ‘Living Sacrifice.' He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”
****

From THE RESOURCE BOOK

“And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28 

“I urge you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.” Romans 12:1

“For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully know.” 1 Corinthians 13:12

“No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” Psalm 84:11

“Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will do it.” Psalm 37:4,5

No comments: