Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A TIME TO DANCE!


“Come and dance, My child,” invited Lord God. “It's time to whirl around with joy and hilarious celebration.”

“Oh, that's exciting, Father! What is the occasion? Will we join the 'welcome home' festivities for the return of the prodigal son?”

“That's an ongoing party for many prodigals who are returning to My House. Always there is joy in Heaven with angels rejoicing and feasting and singing and dancing by my children on Earth. But that's not the reason I've invited you to sing and dance.”

“Did the shepherd find his one lost sheep? Or the woman find the coin she lost?”

“They both found what they were looking for and then called their friends and neighbors together for a big party. But that's not the reason I'm calling you to exult and be ecstatic with joy,” replied Lord God.

“Is it time for Your Son to 'descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God'? Will I dance with those who rise in the glorious resurrection and the living ones who will join in the jubilation?”

“That time has not yet come, but it's in My eternal schedule. It will come suddenly like a thief in the night, so be ready.”

“Well then, You are always following me with bountiful goodness and mercy all the days of my life, Father. I have tons of blessings to celebrate. Is that why we are going to dance?”

“It is good to 'come before me with joyful singing and to enter My gates with thanksgiving and My courts with praise.' But I have a new occasion for you to exult in Me and sing a happy song and dance rapturously to the accompaniment of stringed instruments. You may whirl around and turn cartwheels with joy, if you wish.”

“Oh Father, I can hardly wait for such a happy occasion! What are the words to the music that will be played for my dance?”

“Listen carefully then. 'Though the fig tree should not blossom, and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive should fail, and the fields produce no food; though the flock should be cut off from the fold, and there be no cattle in the stalls....'

“Oh no, Father! Those can't be the right words to sing with joy. Such things would be utter disaster, catastrophe, total calamity! How could such words accompany my dance! The music would instead be a dirge—a funeral song, a mournful lament!"

“My child, take your cue from my servant Habakkuk. Although total devastation faced his nation and enemy invaders were storming in to devour and lay waste the entire land and slay the people, and though he trembled with distress and his lips quivered, he waited quietly while trusting in My providence.”

“But Father, that was worst case scenario! Habakkuk said violence and bloodshed was running rampant over the land and wickedness, strife, and contention were everywhere. The laws were ignored, justice was never upheld, and the wicked surrounded the righteous. Moreover, the whole economy of that day must have been in shambles! He described horrible things in his book!”

“Not unlike conditions in your day, my child? Listen to My servant and learn how to sing and dance with holy joy even when facing your own worst case scenario—personal or national. 'Yet I will exult in the Lord; I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, and He has made my feet like hinds' feet, and makes me walk on my high places.'

“I am silent before You, Father. 'The Lord is in His holy temple. Let all the earth be silent before Him.' I don't understand how I can sing and dance under such circumstances, but I bow before You because I know You are working all things for good.” 

“I AM working on the eternal picture while you see only the miniature landscape before you. I have the nations and their leaders in My hand. In My omnipotent wisdom and loving judgment, I may even use godless nations as rods of chastisement for your nation. For I know the plans that I have for you, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.”

“So teach me to exult in You. Teach me to dance with holy joy because Your ways are everlasting!”

From THE RESOURCE BOOK

Various versions of the Bible translated the word “exult” as: rejoice, be glad, shout loudly, take great delight, sing a song of holy joy, sing a happy song, sing loudly, celebrate, rejoice with great happiness, engage in hilarious activity, jump about, truly find joy in, triumph in, proclaim victory, turn cartwheels of joy, whirl around in a dance, be ecstatic about.

Selections from the entire book of Habakkuk. Especially 3:17-19.
Luke 15:1-32; 1 Thess. 5:1-11; 4:13-18; Psalm 100; Rom. 8:28; Phil. 3:1; 4:4; Jeremiah 29:11-14a

No comments: