Monday, April 23, 2018

“Wait for YOUR TURN!”

Written for the prompt word "TURN" for FMF Community challenge


When I was a toddler my mother's constant words whenever she took me to the park or when she was teaching me to play nicely with my neighborhood playmates, “Take turns now. Your turn will come.” But children aren't born with an ounce of patience.


My turn eventually did come.


When I grew impatient to start kindergarten like the neighbor children, again I heard, “Your turn will come.”


And it did, of course.


Later, when I was anxious to grow up quickly and graduate and get on with life, “Your turn will come.”


And it did.


I couldn't wait to finish college and get on with planning for my wedding. Yes, my turn came.


And my turn came to become a mother.

Then a grandmother.

Then my turn has come to experience the joy of being a great-grandmother of 13 youngsters.


Now, with God's generous blessing of longevity, I look eagerly ahead for my turn to lay aside my “earth suit” and turn it in for a “space suit” more appropriate for Eternal Immortal Living.


“To everything there is a season,” declared the wisest of men in the Scriptures. “There is a turn for every stage of life. That's the perfect way God designed it.


No comments: