Thursday, February 22, 2018

Technology Tangles



For some reason unknown to me as a tech-challenged blogger, whoever or whatever manages the blog system kept refusing to add into the text the following. It left a blank space in the text no matter how often I retyped and reformatted the paragraphs.  Almost kinda ghostly!

Finally I gave up and left the conclusion of my previous post unfinished and published it, although I wasn't happy about it. I wanted the Scripture backup in the post which I titled ZIP THE LIPS.  

So we are compromising. I was forced to leave it out above, but I insist on letting my viewers know what was in the original. Please bear with and forgive this weirdness.

Here are the missing parts of the blog post text: 


I can't believe it! My blog systems controller
still did not print my lost text.
Go figure! 



A few Scripture verses come to mind, "When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise" (Proverbs 10:19), "Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue" (Proverbs 17:28). The book of Proverbs is loaded with verses instructing us to exercise wisdom in our speech. The third chapter of the book of James waves a warning flag about the power of the tongue both for evil and for good, blessing and cursing.
Our seemingly innocent words can be full of deadly poison by the time they reach the person with whom we are speaking. Used improperly, our tongue can set an entire forest on fire or cause a shipwreck. Speech is powerful. God spoke creation into being and pronounced it "Good!" We, His created ones, are commanded to speak only for edification, to build up one another in Christ.

"Set a guard over my mouth, Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips" (Psalm 141:3). Teach  me how to bridle my speech, muzzle my mouth, control my tongue and zip my lips so that I won't sin against You or injure my brothers and sisters in the Household of Faith or the ungodly 

who too often mistakenly read our lips and our lives and are hindered from seeking You.

No comments: