Friday, April 27, 2018

OL'YELLER JOHN DEERE


STUCK is the word of the day for “FMF” Five Minute Friday writing challenge.

My son Rick specializes in getting people UNSTUCK.


 That is because he owns a big kinda rusty ol' yeller John Deere backhoe.


We live in a wooded lots subdivision and his volunteer services are often needed whatever the season.


In winter after a blizzard our neighbors get STUCK in snow banks.


In rainy spring they manage to get their riding mowers STUCK in the mud by the creek.


My grandson Jeffrey got his pickup truck STUCK in the woodland last week while clearing out some nasty, thorny undergrowth.


I got to thinking about the people in my own life who sometimes pull me out of my STUCK situations. God bless them for encouraging me and acting as my cheerleaders when I'm feeling low.


We all have times when we're emotionally or even literally in the pits. King David the Psalmist talks about God rescuing him when he's “STUCK in the miry clay.” The Lord God is our John Deere. We put out an S.O.S. and God immediately shows up to pull us out and set us on a rock—the solid Rock, Jesus. “He is our ever-present help in time of trouble.”


I think about my own responsibility to other people who are STUCK in the problems of life and need my John Deere assistance. I must lovingly come alongside them with my encouragement and offer my strength derived from God to UNSTUCK them. The Lord tells me to “bear one another's burden and so fulfill the law of Christ.”


Whatever the season of my life or in the lives of the STUCK ones, I must be there on call for them “in season and out of season.” That's what the Body of Christ is all about. We are knit together in the love of God and love for one another.

No comments: