Saturday, December 10, 2016

BRINGING THE PAST FORWARD: Our Tap Roots on Two Continents

New Reprint of one of Leona's popular books



I began my cross-cultural adventure in 1947 as a young bride of 21 from a Czech heritage marrying into a Chinese Christian family. I knew my late husband Ted Choy for 49 years ever since he was a young seminarian and we were classmates at Wheaton College. During the 46 years of our marriage (and parenting four sons) I joined Ted in his pastoral ministry, when he was a seminary teacher, while he pioneered in university campus ministry, and during our extensive witness journeys in China after his retirement.


Whenever we traveled, Ted asked me to take notes for him on his experiences, his impressions and the people we were privileged to meet, especially the suffering, persecuted Christians in Communist China during the Cultural Revolution. I knew the people he knew and I shared his dreams and visions. I knew and loved his extended family intimately from having lived with them. I asked him many questions about the original Choy forebears and their lives in the tumultuous war years.


After his passing, I wrote his biography MY DREAMS AND VISIONS mainly to preserve the slice of history through which he lived. Many of the facts about growing up in a small village in South China and the early days of Christian missions there would be lost if this book were not in print. He wanted to share those historic memories with his siblings, 10 brothers and sisters, and their progeny, and ours, as a testimony to God's goodness and blessing on our families.


That book was immediately sold out! It was still requested, but regrettably remained out of print. I was impressed that the fullness of time to reprint it was this year 2016 which is my husband's 100th anniversary of his birth in Swatow (Shantou, China.) I believe he would want this book in print.

I was greatly honored to accompany Ted multiple times to visit the grave of the first Christian in Swatow, our revered matriarch of the Choy family, and see their home village, the place of their birth, and their school and church. New generations have been born since this book's first publication and the information it contains is even more valuable and fascinating reading for Christians at large concerned for world witness.


MY DREAMS AND VISIONS is available right now at $12.95 plus S/H at $3.95 for one to two books in the same package at domestic U.S. rates. Order through my email: leonachoy@gmail.com. Orders filled immediately. 

If my autobiography, the 349 page CZECHING MY ROOTS: A Heritage Saga is ordered at the same time as MY DREAMS AND VISIONS, there is a  
Combo Discount Special 
of $23.95 plus S/H as above. 

AND

For a limited time only I will include
one of my popular bonus books FREE
TOUCHING CHINA: Close Encounters of the Christian Kind

which regularly sells for $12.95.


YES, ALL THREE BOOKS
 for $23.95 plus S/H

HURRY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!


Leona Choy 497 Devland Dr. Winchester, VA 22603. 540-877-1813

No comments: