Thursday, June 7, 2012

LORD, PLEASE ASSIGN ME A TECHY ANGEL

"Just be logical, Mom!"
I’m not complaining, Lord—just putting in a request through channels. My valued Guardian Angel has been faithfully with me 24/7 since my conception. I really appreciate him. You created him brilliant, wise, alert, skillful, and powerful as are all Your heavenly messengers. He is multi-gifted and can multi-task. He does marvels for me in every area of my life.
Nevertheless, Lord, I really need a Techy Angel to assist him in these highly specialized days in which I live as I try to serve you through my published words.
My four sons give me immeasurable help in computer technology and the latest equipment. But they are still mortal and limited. Of course, knowing so much more than I do, they lovingly scold me when I’ve got myself into some computer confusion. They first ask me accusingly what I did to get myself into this fix. That intimidates me! My sons keep telling me that I should simply follow the prompts to solve my own problems. “Just be logical, Mom!” I honestly can’t, Lord, because I simply don’t know what the questions or options even mean in order to choose wisely. I hesitate to venture into unknown areas “above my pay grade.”
My loving sons always do come through to rescue me and give me a new start. Without doubt they have their own Guardian Angels who are truly quite tech-savvy. Forgive them, Lord—sometimes they shout at the computer calling it stupid in their anger when they themselves may be a little slow to figure out a certain problem.
When I get into some unsolvable-to-me predicament, my son Rick can even magically guide my cursor from somewhere else without being with me. Awesome! He tells me just to sit back, and I watch the monitor while he gets into the squigglies of computer language, right at the core, making his way around in its inner workings like a brain surgeon. That’s so much like You, Lord, when You take over to solve some mess I’ve made.
But I’d really like to have a Techy Angel on duty all the time to assist my Guardian Angel because I’m so often frustrated with the hardware and the software. You’ve given me a dominant right brain and I deal primarily with creatively processing words to help people come to you. I can’t seem to think techy. It was so simple in my earliest days of writing when modern writing technology consisted of a black manual Underwood typewriter whose carriage you had to push back to start another line.
Oh no, Lord, I wouldn’t want to regress from this marvelous progress. Certainly I wouldn’t like to go back to how it was! Thank you for all the advancements at my disposal to accomplish the divine tasks of Your Kingdom!
But the vehicle of writing and publishing demands a stronger left brain—lacking that, I need a Techy Angel to help me. Do You think You could manage it? I’d take good care of him, feed him angel food cake, and laud and applaud him. It would make my writing life a whole lot easier, thank You.


No comments: