Saturday, March 26, 2011

NEW DOCUMENT

I enjoy such a delicious feeling when I sit before my computer
and click "new document."
Something that has never been written, created, or shaped into words
from thoughts waits for me to present it on a new blank page.
I am going to create something that has never existed before!
I am going to offer to God something of myself in a tangible way
for His greater glory: ad majorem Dei gloriam.
Such a thought led me to express in verse the following poem:

It is from my chapbook "DIVINE APPLICATIONS: Thoughts on Computer Terminology and Matters of Faith."
I italicize computer terms within the text of the poem.

With any order for one of my books I will enclose a copy of the above booklet as a bonus gift.

NEW DOCUMENT

"Someday" has arrived
but I haven't.
"Just around the bend"
is here
but I'm not there.

"If only" never happened
so I didn't get it done.
"Tomorrow" drove right by
and never stopped.

What I wanted to become
has been a fantasy
and what I have become
doesn't seem
to fit my plan.

But I still have TODAY
before it turns to yesterday!

I have an opportunity
to open a new document
start a fresh page
and successfully display
on my life's computer screen
what never has been seen.

I can type it and select it
with my chosen font and style
print it for tomorrow
and save it in God's File!
*****

"For His [God's] compassions never fail. They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22,23

No comments: